02A8F: After the Booster

Broccoli and Cauliflower

Metro Manila Community Quarantine - Day 641

I was generally thankful that the main side-effect from my Moderna booster was pain in my limbs similar to what I had experienced during my first series of Sinovac vaccinations. But it wasn't until I lay down for bed for the night that I fully appreciated how different things were this time around since I couldn't immediately figure out how to lie down without aggravating the pain in my vaccination arm. I tried propping it up with a pillow, but sometimes it felt a little higher than was comfortable. So there was a fair amount of tossing and turning.

The other side-effect that I've been experiencing (although I didn't immediately realize this was the case) was a repeated need to go to the bathroom. And it's not like I had the runs and actually had an upset stomach. More often than not it just felt like I needed to use the bathroom, but then I wouldn't be able to do more than just pass gas. But every now and then one of those trips would result in a very productive session and I'd just wonder where all this was coming from. I'm not alone in experiencing these symptoms, it seems. 

I was all excited for the extra sleep data my new Fitbit Charge 5 is able to track, but it turned out to be the worst night for it. My sleep was rather shallow and broken by a need to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Occasionally I'd roll onto my vaccination arm and wake up because of the discomfort. And a bunch of other aches and pains. So come morning my sleep data was rather abysmal and it's a lucky break that I got any true sense of sleep at all. 

I woke up to more or less the same pain in my arm, and so working out is out of the question. I had an early morning work thing that I was determined to attend and at least I wasn't late for that. The rest of the day was a bit of a mixed haze as the side effects lingered. I still had a quotation to update for a prospective client, other meetings, and other fun work stuff. I probably wasn't the most pleasant person to work with today, but at least I checked a lot of items off of my to-do list. 

I'm still not 100%, but having some paracetamol in my system has generally helped. I hope that I'll feel better tomorrow. It's probably going to be too soon for a heavy workout in the morning, but if I can at least get through some yoga, I'll be quite happy indeed. g